UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734690  
Subject: Re: Big Bird will be fine, says Romney Date: 10/10/2012 12:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Cut it 10% now. Then freeze the budget until we at least get the national debt back under 5 trillion." - decath

That's actually sort of what I was thinking. Cut the whole damn mess. The other day when I was doing the dishes I was sort of thinking how I'd deal with the deficit and get the Federal Government budget back to reality.

One of the things I pride myself in is being able to live within a budget. Live within my means so to speak. I've always been good at it. The whole entire time Bonnie and I have been married we've never been in debt and have always been able to pay our bills. A guy at church told me the other day that he and his wife were 2 months behind on their bills. He said to me "I bet you don't know what that feels like." I had to admit that "No" I don't. This guy puts in flooring for a living. He and his father have a company that does floors.

Anyway, back to the Federal Budget, I was going over in my mind how to get them back on track. What I'd do? I was thinking first thing was to cut everything 10%. Right across the board. Then what I'd do is go through all the different programs and see what we could live without. What was really a waste, and then I'd cut that. I'd make it my priority if I were the President.

I'd get us out of the Mideast. Let them work it out amongst themselves. Slit each others throats if they want to. I really don't care. It's none of our damn business. We'd have to learn to live with whatever oil we could buy on the world market and pay whatever price for oil the world market commands.

I guarantee you I'd get the Federal deficit headed in the right direction.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement