UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736844  
Subject: Quote for Art Date: 10/5/2012 11:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I read this one on my Facebook News Feed just now -- posted by the Pastor's daughter from my childhood church -- and it made me think of you.

Your place in Heaven will seem to be made for you and you alone, because you were made for it—made for it stitch by stitch as a glove is made for a hand.

C.S. Lewis ~ The Problem of Pain
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647319 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 12:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"I read this one on my Facebook News Feed just now -- posted by the Pastor's daughter from my childhood church -- and it made me think of you." - Andrew
-----
"Your place in Heaven will seem to be made for you and you alone, because you were made for it—made for it stitch by stitch as a glove is made for a hand." C.S. Lewis ~ The Problem of Pain

--------------

Physical pain imprints on the soul the shape of the body, what it's like to be inside a body, like bits of information, teaching the "soul", which is pure consciousness, what it means and how it feels to be inside and controlling a physical body. The feelings have to be powerful enough to last for eternity.

Heaven is a place where thoughts are things and consciousness creates reality. We learn in this life what a body feels like and then after we cross over into Heaven we become like gods, knowing what it's like to be an eagle, a whale, a dolphin, a cheetah, or any creature in the entire Universe, simply by focusing our attention on it.

It all has to do with the interconnectedness of a holographic Universe.

Artie

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647321 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 12:29 AM
C. S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors. His writings have had a profound impact on my life.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647351 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 10:22 AM
C. S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors. His writings have had a profound impact on my life.
-----------------

I never thought I would like Shadowlands, but it was a really good movie. Who would have thought the hottie from An Officer and a Gentleman could play the part of the the brash older American woman so well.

arrete

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647368 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 11:46 AM
"C. S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors. His writings have had a profound impact on my life." - catherine

I'm curious Catherine, do you attend Church, and are you actively involved? I just wonder because there is a verse in the New Testament that says something to the effect of "Do not forsake the fellowship of thy brethern." So, if you are as staunch a Christian as you purport to be I was just wondering just how much? The Church of Christ have a saying, "where the Bible speaks we speak and where the Bible is silent we are silent."

Just curious?

Art

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647378 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 12:04 PM
"I never thought I would like Shadowlands, but it was a really good movie. Who would have thought the hottie from An Officer and a Gentleman could play the part of the the brash older American woman so well." - arrete

Didn't hurt that Anthony Hopkins was in it. He's one of my favorite actors. I've enjoyed all his movies including Remains of the Day, Shadowlands, and Howard's End. He's made about a gazillion movies by the way. He was born in 1937 so he'll turn 75 this year.

Art

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647382 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 12:20 PM
Recommendations: 2
Art asked: I'm curious Catherine, do you attend Church, and are you actively involved?

Well, Art, one Sunday at my church, they asked all the people (about 130) who serve in various capacities to stand while we were acknowledged from the stage. As they named the committees, I didn't sit down until the end of the list. I should say, however, that I don't lead anything; I just do what I'm asked in various places; i.e., Sunday School, coffee service, prayer team, etc.

Here's my church. I just love it.

http://www.seabreezechurch.com

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647423 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 4:50 PM
"Art asked: I'm curious Catherine, do you attend Church, and are you actively involved?"
----------------------------
"Well, Art, one Sunday at my church, they asked all the people (about 130) who serve in various capacities to stand while we were acknowledged from the stage. As they named the committees, I didn't sit down until the end of the list. I should say, however, that I don't lead anything; I just do what I'm asked in various places; i.e., Sunday School, coffee service, prayer team, etc. Here's my church. I just love it." http://www.seabreezechurch.com - catherine

--------------------------

It looks like a beautiful church. I'm glad you found a family of Christians that you can be a part of. It's a nice website too. Ours isn't quite so fancy. I really do like our preacher, Darryl. He's one of the few preachers that I can listen to without falling asleep!

Art

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647424 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 4:51 PM
I really do like our preacher, Darryl. He's one of the few preachers that I can listen to without falling asleep!
------------------------------------------------
Seems like you set a really high bar for your preachers <g>.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647433 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/6/2012 5:13 PM
"Seems like you set a really high bar for your preachers <g>." - 2828

Standard Operating Procedure (S.O.P.) for me when I get stuck listening to a boring preacher. Nod off. It's either that or pretend like I have to use the restroom and then don't come back till the sermon's over. I've been known to walk out the church doors and go for a walk outside. I know about when to show back - approximately when church is supposed to be over. You see I've always got the excuse that my back or hips were bothering me and I could keep sitting up in the pew. I had to "walk it off."

Art

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647499 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/7/2012 8:55 AM
cc

Same hear. His book "Mere Chistianity" was one of several works that I read before and during my conversion to Christianity.

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647500 of 736844
Subject: Re: Quote for Art Date: 10/7/2012 8:57 AM
Here's my church. I just love it.

http://www.seabreezechurch.com

Very cool Catheryn!

decath

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement