UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757900  
Subject: Quote of the day Date: 10/8/2012 6:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
"When I approved the sale agreement and entered the sale approval order I mistakenly thought that I was merely saving GM, the supply chain, and about a million jobs. It never once occurred to me, and nobody bothered to disclose, that amongst all of the assigned contracts was this lock-up agreement, if indeed it was assigned at all." --Robert Gerber, the judge who approved the GM bailout

http://conservative-wanderer.com/2012/10/08/gm-bailout-could...

Well, what do you know, the Obama Administration didn't reveal all the details to the judge. Is anyone surprised that this gang of Chicago thugs decided that the judge didn't need to know the sweetheart deal that would save their union buddies?

Too bad this isn't going to blow up before the election.

--fleg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647829 of 757900
Subject: Re: Quote of the day Date: 10/9/2012 9:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It never once occurred to me, and nobody bothered to disclose,

That's the key phrase. The judge had the same level of curiosity as the media, which is to say, none.

It's easy to lie to people who already want to believe the lie. That's why Obama is even in this race, with his almost complete record of failure.

Author: straitarrow Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647995 of 757900
Subject: Re: Quote of the day Date: 10/10/2012 6:48 AM
Recommendations: 3
"....It sounds like Judge Gerber is ready to reopen the whole thing, essentially forcing GM into a real bankruptcy.....

If we’re lucky, this will come apart very soon… just in time for the non-political-wonks to read the news as they’re deciding whether or not Obama deserves a second term."

http://conservative-wanderer.com/2012/10/08/gm-bailout-could...

(An example of many good comments)
"Hundreds of years of bankruptcy law supports the idea is that the senior bondholders are first in line and not a union pension fund. If it is possible to undo the deal, that alone is enough."

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement