UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726784  
Subject: Quote Of The Day Date: 1/12/2013 9:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 32
"If we need fear anything gun-related in this country, leaving aside those wicked people who would presume to do us or our family and friends harm, it is the vocal, entitled, and demonstratively ignorant anti-gun zealot who seeks to substitute ostentatious indignation for knowledge and cartoonish scapegoating for reasoned discourse. They are experts at rousing emotions and fear mongering, but that tends to be where the “expertise” on gun issues ends.

And we should fear them because they aren’t just after our guns. They are after our liberties." --Jeff Goldstein (Exactly)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666035 of 726784
Subject: Re: Quote Of The Day Date: 1/12/2013 12:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"If we need fear anything gun-related in this country, leaving aside those wicked people who would presume to do us or our family and friends harm, it is the vocal, entitled, and demonstratively ignorant anti-gun zealot who seeks to substitute ostentatious indignation for knowledge and cartoonish scapegoating for reasoned discourse. They are experts at rousing emotions and fear mongering, but that tends to be where the “expertise” on gun issues ends.

And we should fear them because they aren’t just after our guns. They are after our liberties." --Jeff Goldstein (Exactly)

The essence of PA and liberals.

Author: knighttof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666133 of 726784
Subject: Re: Quote Of The Day Date: 1/13/2013 2:17 AM
Who is Jeff Goldstein and why should I care what he says?

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666139 of 726784
Subject: Re: Quote Of The Day Date: 1/13/2013 4:47 AM
Recommendations: 2
For the same reason you may think anyone would care what you say. Goldstein, on this topic, makes sense.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666146 of 726784
Subject: Re: Quote Of The Day Date: 1/13/2013 8:27 AM
Girl, you got spunk!

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666239 of 726784
Subject: Re: Quote Of The Day Date: 1/13/2013 6:40 PM
Recommendations: 8
Girl, you got spunk!

I appreciate the positive feedback, but what bugs me most about libruls is their total lack of critical thinking skills, which is apparent in the comment, "Why should So-and-So's opinion matter?" Instead of reflecting on the comment itself, it now matters who said it? Why? You either agree with the sentiment or you don't. No fair deflecting via the speaker's credentials or what not, but that's what libruls do when they have no answers to even the simplest of dilemmas. Faced with monumental dilemmas such as this country is facing, and we're disadvantaged by 50.5 percent of the population with poor thinking skills. We're doomed.

GoofyDoofus did this the other day as well, when someone (I think it was me) posted a comment allegedly published in a Czech newspaper about the decline of America based on the re-election of Owebama. Goofy couldn't dismantle the sentiment so he zeroed in on the author of the quote, as if that made the comment untrue.

Libruls do this all the time. The minute cognitive dissonance rears its head inside their librul pea brains, they glance about looking for strawmen to blame.

Too bad someone can't devise a mechanism whereby a body is shocked whenever total gibberish exits the mouth of the person speaking the gibberish. The ground would be littered with libruls.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666268 of 726784
Subject: Re: Quote Of The Day Date: 1/13/2013 10:04 PM
Recommendations: 1
Goofy couldn't dismantle the sentiment so he zeroed in on the author of the quote, as if that made the comment untrue.

Liberals, masters of the genetic fallacy.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement