UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Vetiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961748  
Subject: Re: Congratulations, Chelsea Clinton Date: 3/16/2013 9:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
"Funny how Democrats can be so viscous and nasty towards the likes of hedge fund and big banking folks, and at the same time, adore their self-rightous politicians that enrich them in any way possible."

I didn't know Chelsea was a politician. I doubt if she will ever run for any office, it is not like being the child of a former president means you have any particular talent. Comparing her to other past presidential scion:

Jeb Bush is a politician, wants to run for pres but has his brother's rep to live down.

Amy Carter, is a volunteer/community organizer type. Flunk out of Yale because she was to busy attending protests to do her work. She probably could run for office and win. She is very photogenic as well.

Reagan's daughter thought that being Reagan's daughter qualified her to run for office, she found out she was wrong.

Reagan's other daughter apparently hated Reagan. She is a left leaning liberal type as is her brother.

Julie Nixon is also a community activist and recently left the republican party. Tricia, I do not know much about but all told:

Leftist or to the left of Dad:
Amy Carter, Jeb Bush, Ron Reagan, Patti Davis (Reagan), Julie Nixon, the Kennedy kids.

Rightist or to the right of dad:
Maureen Reagan, Chelsea Clinton, W.

Unknown:
Trica Nixon, W's girls

Being the sibling of a president presents the opportunity to do what you want; you don't have to really go out and get a job because the offers and the money will find you. Many of the kids, uch more than the population as a whole, choose to use this opportunity to enter into some sort of public service. It is not completely an accident that the 47% guy found his way to Carter's grand son. Some see being the president's child as a way to enrich themselves. My bet is that W's daughters, if they display any political or social service ambitions, will show up considerably to the left of their father. My bet is that they are like their mother as is Chelsea Clinton.... Hillary was a Goldwater volunteer in her younger days.

V.

V.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement