UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: nomorecards Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 310995  
Subject: Re: Considering Bankruptcy (semi-long) Date: 1/21/2001 6:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"He has a hard time making ends meet because his child support payments alone are 60% of his
take home; on top of that he has alimony and the children's medical bills which because of a
couple surgeries is quite large."

Hi married2debtor,

Something doesn't sound right.

When one gets a divorce it's usually Child Support
or Alimony (which by the way is the high cost of leaving. :>))But not both! and it should be no greater than 28% of your after tax take home pay.
If he is actually paying 60% by GAWD go back to court
and file for a modification you don't even need a lawyer for this!!(but I'm not suggesting it)
I personally have handled all my own modifications with a great deal of success and I'm no Perry Mason!
Also on the medical front yes usually the husband will supply medical coverage but split the cost of uninsured medical with the $%#%& ex wife.
Been there, done that, finished paying CS.(child support)!

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.