UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (74) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63146  
Subject: Re: End of the Health Care debate Date: 6/8/2009 10:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Here in George Bush's Texas we have a high sales tax (8.25% in Houston), High property taxes (up to 4% of market value in some neighborhoods) and high health insurance premiums with high deductibles and co-pays."

Wow...intercst must be smoking some good stuff.

There is no sales tax on food....and its 6% on a car.....and there are sales tax holidays to buy school stuff for all the kids..and of course, if you buy on line, you pay zero sales tax......if you buy from out of state.....

Real estate taxes? Heck, intercst is a renter......and brags about the cheap rents in Houston....what, $525 for a nice two bedroom in a nice complex with pools?

Try MD and MA for high taxes.. Even CA - if you buy now, rather than having bought 30-40 years ago and having your taxes based upon 1960s values......1/4 of what you neighbor pays....ho...talk about getting the shaft....one guy pays $10,000 in tax, the guy next door $2000 for same size house...in CA with prop 13....

"Yet many tea-baggers will tell you it's a model for the country."

I guess it must be good since intercst worked in TX for many years, and his main residence is still in TX...oh, right...it has NO INCOME TAX!....

And my healthcare is less than half of that in Lib Washington State.....

And I'll bet intercsts is lower than SP's health insurance costs....

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (74) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement