UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726166  
Subject: Re: Vancouver 3 Date: 2/10/2013 4:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
"Hey Artie, I just noticed the balloons indicating another you made yet another tick down the T axis of the 3D+T hologram. Happy Fooliversary. May your day be filled with joy and some bacon." - Bighairymike
---------------

Thanks. I actually do have a new 1 lb package of bacon in the fridge. Also have 5 big beautiful hot house tomatoes sitting by the window in the kitchen. Only a little bit of lettuce left but enough to make a nice BLT? Maybe I'll splurge and make a couple of nice juicy messy BLT's for dinner tonight. The only thing that is on TV tonight is Downton Abbey.

My wife has a dinner meeting tonight with a prospective candidate for a new person in her department. I didn't want to go for a several reasons. #1. I'd dominate the conversation and they wouldn't be able to talk about work. #2. It would probably be boring. #3. A big juicy homemade BLT is way better than what I'd get if I went out to eat. #4. It would be cheaper to stay home and eat. #5. It's way more comfortable to lounge around in my sweats and a T-shirt than having to get dressed up and go out to eat. #6. The weather is nasty and it's raining and cold.

The balloons means it has been 13 years since I joined this board. I was 47 years old when I first started posting. Hard to believe I'm entering senior-hood. 47 seems so young now. We think of 47 as middle aged but it really isn't? Not too many people live to be 94 years old.

I think I was 50% or halfway through my life when I was about ~ 38 years old. Almost all my relatives were dead by age 76. I figure I'm working on the last quarter now. I figure I started the last quarter when I turned 57. The winter of my life. I'll let you know how it goes.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement