No. of Recommendations: 0
"I am not Us citizen nor resident. I live in Colombia, I would like to read information related with non US resident nor US citizen investing in USA."

Hi Felix...

It is sometimes very difficult to get information regarding taxes in another country. I had a difficult time when I tried to get information from Revenue Canada. Anyway, if you will go to this url:

you should get information regarding your tax responsibilities (and any refunds of excess US income taxes withheld). The example used in the url is a Canadian citizen who won money from a Los Vegas, Nevada casino. Assuming that you did not work in the United States in the year 2000, your United States income received in Columbia, S.A., will probably be taxed similar to the Canadian example.
Anyway, at that url, you can order publications and forms sent to you in Columbia. In addition, since the IRS has tax responsibilities for Puerto Rico, you probably can request spanish language publications and forms.
If you do have questions which remain not answered after your read the forms and publications, usually there are Internal Revenue Service employees at the United States embassy offices in Bogata or other larger Columbian cities. Give them a phone call.
Good Luck,

John Ormiston

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.