UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DrBooa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308483  
Subject: Re: Changing cars (or not)? Date: 3/4/2008 3:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
"....I have a lot of respect for how many details DM has been willing to share and how gracefully she's handled the heat from people who would have different priorities."
Patzer

--------------------------------------------------------

Your comments are certainly all true but we can't all do a complete history search before making comments.
This and other threads would come to a complete halt.

Maybe, just maybe, the best advice could be an instantaneous,impulsive analysis by a passer-by.
Even *if* seemingly inappropriate, the impulsive comment should not be totally disregarded as it is part of the composite of a thread and could spark a better idea from another member. Don't just assume it was malicious.
Solid suggestions based on experiences as well as "brainstorming" both have their place in an analysis.(But I could be wrong and often am.)

I grant you, it is possible that the best advice could be an off-the-cuff, instantaneous comment from someone who's done no analysis or reflected on the problem for any length of time. (I do not think it is at all *probable*, but it is just barely *possible*.)

But today was not that day for Caffiend. :-)

And I agree, malice should not be assumed. We should endeavor to follow Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.

--Booa
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement