UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (147) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734800  
Subject: Re: Obamacare Begins To Derail Date: 2/8/2013 11:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"I knew i shoulda made this more personal for Artimus. Where in the 9 months would you've become uneasy aborting a fetus assuming it was your sperm and your wife's egg? I know you don't want kids." - 2828

If Bonnie had become pregnant we'd be parents. We are Church of Christ people. Church of Christ people don't get abortions. Period. If Bonnie had become pregnant I would have worked harder to be more successful. If we had become parents I would be like everyone else and said that having kids and being parents was the best thing ever and I'd be bragging about how much I love my son or daughter. And that it was all worth it.

But we chose not to become parents so I'm just playing a different role. So because I got a vasectomy when I was 27 years old and we didn't have kids I go on about how great it is to be childless and not have kids. Life is like a play and we are actors playing our part. We just play the parts we were assigned. I suppose it's all part of that old adage about "if life gives you lemons make lemonade?" You just do the best you can with whatever circumstances you find yourself in. At least that is how I live my life, or like my mom used to say "you just got to live in this life kiddo!"

I don't know when that clump of cells looks like a little human being? I think it is quite early in gestation though? Like maybe even 8-10 weeks? When it has a brain and brain stem and they can measure brainwaves and heartbeat it is a human being. At that point I feel very uncomfortable with just aborting it - but it's not my decision to make. I'm not the one who has to care for it and pay for it and spend the rest of my life taking care of it. I can't live everybody else's life for them. I can barely take care of myself let alone tell someone else how they should live their lives.

Like I said, I am uncomfortable judging others. I take that "do not judge" thing seriously, and believe it is to be taken literally. I don't use a lot of fancy wordplay to pretend it doesn't mean what it says. I think it means exactly what it says.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (147) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement