Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: franchot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 53806  
Subject: Re: cheers for the liberation. Not. Date: 4/4/2003 8:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"I see nothing wrong with advocating economic and political systems which are unprecedented in honoring and guarding the individuals and their inalienable rights."

You think that your economic and political systems are unprecedented in guarding individual rights. I agree with you. We both agree that your system is great, but my point is very few in this troubled region think that. The problem is that while this may be your rhetoric, you are currently engaged in propping up regimes which are none of the above. This means that when you start singing a song about love for freedom and democracy, everyone over here immediately accuses you of being inconsistent and hypocritical. In that sense everyone here would agree that "you don't call it like it is."

You are in Irq. Your stated aim is "regime change." Your method to achieve this is military. The reaction from this part of the world is outlined in the NYT article.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement