UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: luv2earn Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35399  
Subject: Re: screw the working guy/gal Date: 1/7/2003 5:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"<<and the children of the rich have privilege>>....so, I guess it's ok to pick your nose but not your parents? I guess I am old enough to know many families that are "priviliged" due to the hard work and achievement of one or both parents.....I think it is wrong to hold it against their children"

Lok has seen the privileged children blow their time and their parent's money on a daily basis while kids not of privilege hold down jobs and work and study and try to make something of their lives. I think this is a pet peeve with him, though I can't speak for him.

Just my own very personal viewpoint. I have seen very, very few I personally know rise from humble beginnings to 'real' wealth..and I don't call 1 million 'real wealth' anymore, when you cannot purchase an upper middle class tract house in a Silicon Valley town like Cupertino for much under one million. Here, in a small town in So. Calif. where I am, the upper middle class tract homes are well over $300K, without any industry and long commutes. And we can't all move to the boondocks somewhere to find cheaper housing...for a number of obvious reasons.

Those who have risen to 'real wealth' did it through hard, hard work, big vision, persistence, and definitely some 'blessing' or as some people call it 'luck'. And more often than not, have sacrificed time with their spouses and children to do it, which they have regretted later. Again, not always, but often. Most of the real wealthy I know tend to be very unapproachable..not givers..focused on 'money'. That doesn't appeal as a goal to many people either. Again, my observations only.

I truly believe that the gov't is not to be trusted, whether Repub or Demo. It doesn't matter to me because neither of them is out for the interests of the 'average middle/upper middle class guy'. The Demo's are questionably on the side of the downtrodden and the Repubs have proven to be on the side of big business and the wealthy. So, to me it doesn't matter which one is in office insofar as how it will affect my finances. All I can see is that, as average/middle class types, we will have to focus on trying to 'legally outsmart' them every way and every time we can, write off everything possible, use all the same loopholes the rich do, and work our fannies off. Hopefully, that will bring us enough rewards to live a decent life when we can no longer work. Noticed more 'seniors' working? That's when we might call in marketing a 'trend', not a 'fad'.

Good 'luck' everybody!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement