No. of Recommendations: 1
"My wife and I both took it at 62. We spend some of mine about one out of every 3 months. The rest gets banked. We've never spent any of my wife's - it all gets banked. I may pay it back at some point and start over at 66 (my normal retirement age.) Not likely that we'd spend much of the higher benefit, but my wife would have a better income when I croak." - friar1610
---------------------------

I plan on taking mine when I turn 62 in 5 1/2 years. I also plan on spending it all on cruises because that's what Seattle Pioneer said retirees are supposed to do with the Social Security money. I'm nothing if not traditional!

Just kidding! Actually I plan on buying myself a new Toyota I.Q. with my social security money. I figure surely by then Toyota will be importing the I.Q. into the United States?

http://www.insideline.com/toyota/iq/2009/first-drive-2009-to...

Artie
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement