No. of Recommendations: 0
"No, it shouldn't be. You lived in an area with a very low cost of living--I bet you were median individual income, and much higher than median in total household income." - alstromeria

My wife has always made about 2X what I made. Pretty much the whole time we were married. I asked my boss at the Vet School one time why I was paid so little. He told me that working with animals my job was considered agricultural and agricultural workers have traditionally been low paid. It really sucked but working with animals was the only thing I really liked doing.

When I was making $28,000/year the starting salary in my wife's office for someone right out of college editing scientific publications was $31,000/year. I know that for a fact because my wife used to be the boss in that office. I supervised 13 people taking care of animals and someone supervising no one made $3,000/year more than I did!

Like our old preacher told me.... "Life ain't fair, get used to it!"

Artie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement