UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734617  
Subject: Re: Katie Talks about NDE's Date: 10/8/2012 1:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Nonsense. There will be a reckoning. I won't have to tolerate standing next to this world's most despicable despots who made this life sheer misery for so many. God is a loving God, but He is also a just God." catherine

What if you had a potter and he made 100 pots and only 3 of them were any good and the other 97 were so bad that he tossed them into dump? You'd think, "he must not be a very good potter?"

Now what if you had a father and he had ten children and only 1 out the 10 turned out good and the other 9 turned out bad? You might think, "he must not be a very good father?"

Early on in the Bible it says we are made in the image of God and then later on it says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." How can this be? How can a creature that was made in God's image sin and fall short? It's illogical.

The problem is that the Bible is full of contradictions. It says "thou shalt not kill" yet just a few chapters later this same God tells his followers to go into a town and kill everyone, man, woman, and children? Does this make any sense?

I'm afraid Catherine I know the Bible way better than you do. I know it's faults as well as it high points.

But what if there was some kind of Creator that was able to create a Universe where all you had to do was live? Just live, that's all, and simply by living in it you learned what you were supposed to learn without even knowing it? It really didn't matter if you believed anything or nothing at all. Where the lessons you were supposed to learn were embedded in your everyday life and simply by living you were being imprinted with the knowledge and lessons that the soul needed to learn.

The arguing and disagreeing we do on this board, and any other message board, is just another way for the soul to experience separation and learn what it means and how it feels to be separate, something it can't learn in Heaven due to those overwhelming feelings of oneness and connectedness.

When we cross over into that Light we shall all be healed.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement