UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FULLERKZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950  
Subject: Re: I am Date: 11/29/2008 11:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Not everyone seems to wish to even give him a chance - That really angers me..."

...and as well it should. There are those who seek to undermine President elect Obama's presidency before it even has a chance to evolve, and evolve it will. This same phenomena referred to as partisan politics and political hackery bares resemblance and is no different than Bush hatred or Clinton bashing. Small minds participate in this and you will find them often in the scribbling profession. I think that is what the other poster was alluding to when he claimed the media and other intangibles got Obama elected.

Liberals and conservative are basically shooting for the same goals, but with different ways of getting there. Obama,our newly elected young president is strong, and a fighter. He's already put together a formidable economic team and retained Gates as Secretary of Defense. My only disappointment is his selection for Secretary of State.

Be that as it may, I too hope and have confidence the economy will rebound sometime before 2012 as it is a cyclucal phenomena not understood by most people. I believe in the resiliency of the US macroeconomy and anticipate return to growth in 2010. A sitting president has very little to do with the economy other than the ability to raise and lower taxes. The voting populace is not as sophisticated and will often vote their pocketbook....this is how Reagan got elected in 1980 despite and economy racked by high unemployment,and at times double digit inflation which then President Carter had very little to create. The past cycle is no different.

It's long past time to get beyond partisan politics and fight for what's right, and get behind our newly elected president, regardless of whether you lean to the right or to the left.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement