UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (147) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741516  
Subject: Re: On second thought, 2828 - Small Cap Issue Date: 1/30/2013 5:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
"Ok. Now does the "soul" learn these lessons in one lifetime?" - tiscotto

Oh God I hope so! I do not want to come back. I'm hoping that reincarnation is not true. I find it very unsatisfying!

"Or does a "soul" continually comes back til the lessons are learned? If the latter it would be similar to what Hindus believe. That one reincarnates til nirvana is reached [assuming my understanding of Hinduism is correct]." - tiscotto

I think something else is going on. It has something to do with that "connectedness and oneness" thing? Perhaps someone's brain tuning into someone else's memories? Perhaps the brain is simply a receiver and transmitter of information.

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body." - Walter M. Miller, Jr.

"Now to the "soul" itself. Do "souls" reside as non-corporal beings in a different dimension? There must purty much an infinite number of souls waiting to enter our "physical" world." - tiscotto

Think about consciousness? Perhaps consciousness is so different than matter that it doesn't have the same physical properties? It goes back to that old question "how many angels can sit on the head of a pin?" We think of ourselves as individual entities but perhaps "soul stuff" isn't that defined?

""I say infinite as there are 7 billion currently on earth. And then think of all the people who have lived upon earth. Of course if "souls" make repeat trips; they would could be countable number rather than infinite." - tiscotto

I have read NDE's where they said that the Universe was made for life. I don't even limit "souls" to just the earth or even just humans. Whales, dolphins, great apes, perhaps every living thing is imbued with "soul stuff" and is conscious and sentient to some degree? Who knows?

Animals do some incredible stuff sometimes that makes me wonder. There are videos on youtube of parrots that talk and use words correctly and in the right context. About at the level of a 2 year old child.

You just have to let go of your idea of separation. Separation is a "here" thing and not a "there" thing. I have a sneaking suspicion that the main reason we are here is to experience separation and learn what it means and how it feels to be separate, and perhaps become "separate, unique, individuals. It might be just that simple.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (147) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement