No. of Recommendations: 0
"Paul Ryan's official bio. After graduating spent a few years in the family business and has been on the government payroll and taxpayer dime ever since."
-----------------------------

#Metoo! After I first graduated from College I got a job as a restaurant manager at Danvers. I was working 6 days a week, ~ 70 to 80 hours a week, and a lot of times they'd call me in on my day off. I absolutely hated it and it didn't take me long to figure out I needed to get a government job. I had an Animal Science degree and after I stumbled into a job as the Animal Facilities manager for the University of Georgia School of Pharmacy I was so thankful. Finally a job with benefits where I didn't have to work 70 hours a week.

I didn't work in the private sector again till after we first moved to Knoxville and I had a hard time finding an animal care job so I worked as an IGA meat cutter for about a year and half but I kept putting in applications to the University of Tennessee whenever I saw any job posted that was even remotely animal related. Finally I got a job as the Coordinator for the Univ. of TN Vet School.

My experience was that private sector jobs suck.

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement