UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90376  
Subject: "protected free speech"... Date: 10/15/2012 5:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
...browbeats employees

Koch Brothers to Workers: Vote for Romney or 'Suffer the Consequences'

Employees of a paper company owned by the outspoken billionaire Koch brothers received a mailing warning that they could “suffer the consequences, including higher gasoline prices, runaway inflation, and other ills" if they voted for candidates not supported by Koch-owned companies or its political fund-raising arm.
---
Last week, owner of Westgate Resorts David Siegel sent workers a pro-Romney email that said, "If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company ... I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."
---
email from Arthur Allen, president and CEO of ASG Software Solutions, that took a similar tone. “If the US re-elects President Obama, our chances of staying independent are slim to none. ... I don't want to hear any complaints regarding the fallout that will most likely come,”
---
the president and CEO of auto-parts manufacturer Lacks Enterprises, Richard Lacks, warned workers that sticking with the current administration would hurt them. “The more government takes the less there will be available to spread around to the working people of this company,” he wrote in reference to “talk of additional tax increases.”
---
two managers at the Federal Aviation Administration told attendees at a departmental meeting to vote for Democrats in presidential and congressional races “in order to preserve the FAA budget and, consequently, their jobs and pay,”
---
such instances skew pro-Romney. The candidate himself suggested ...“I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections,"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49420465

The screed from the auto parts maker is particulary twofaced, as his company probably benefitted from the bailout of Chrysler and GM. I see plenty of GM and Chrysler products highlighted on their web page.

http://www.lacksenterprises.com/

I wonder if management is cruising the employee parking lot looking for Obama stickers, so they know how to rate the employees' annual review.

Steve
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement