UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (87) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 746084  
Subject: Re: Don't Show This To A Baby Boomer Date: 1/22/2013 11:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
"Ramen noodles aren't on any of the lists... though I don't think they're all inclusive to be fair. And some of them are contradictory (one said they would eat Doritos, in small servings of course)." - colovion
--------------

The truth is I don't give a cr@p what other people eat or don't eat. I don't let other people tell me how to live my life, what I should like or don't like, or how I should think.

I am my own person. I can think for myself. And that includes religion and Christianity and what it is and the place it fits in my life.

Art

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Same here art, I don't care what others eat, I'm not in charge of them, I'm only responsible for what I eat. It's taken me quite some time to figure out what to eat and what foods that I need to avoid to not set off my food addiction, but it can also be set off by my emotions and stress and I can overeat healthy foods as well.

I've been to I think 3 nutritionists over the yrs and although I brought a list of problem foods and binge foods, they made menus with those foods on them. Ugh! So, since they gave me permission, I tried them again with the same result. Nutritionists need more training on food addiction and triggers. Bottom line, with food, diet and exercise, one has to experiment and see what works for them.

Last yr. a friend from the gym and I went to Panera Bread for dinner before we saw a show and since I had a yearning for a Diet Coke, I had it with my meal...usually I get water to be cheap. :) Anyway, during the meal, she said snippily, "Why are you drinking Diet Coke?" as if it was most distasteful. I snapped right back, "well, why do you drink wine?, it's empty calories and full of sugar". She meekly said, yeah, it's full of sugar and let it die. I couldn't believe the nerve of her or anyone questioning my food or drink, as if they were the Chief Justice of My Nutrition. Ain't none of her business!

Now, if someone on here was a cannibal, I'd have a problem with that and turn that info over to Colovion.

LuckyDog :)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (87) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement