UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (49) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1971815  
Subject: Re: Romney good for America? Date: 7/6/2012 11:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 82
"That's how I feel about a candidate whose primary experience was that of being a "community organizer."

We differ there, but thanks for helping restate my point. This idea (that someone able to get rich will be able to run the country) really makes no sense to me. It is like asking a celebrity for a medical opinion because they played a doctor in a movie. "Gee, he got very rich, so he must be able to run the country". Huh?

Someone who was interested more in making things better for other people (like a community organizer) would, in my view, make a much better political leader than someone more interested in filling his own pockets. Just my way of thinking, but I see nothing in that skill set that would make him a good President. Add to that his willingness to change his positions on a whim to suit his supporters - well, it tells me his convictions are, at best, malleable. Not a good trait for a world leader.

Sorry, but Mitt isn't the guy.
-----------------------------
ANYONE who uses the "community organizer" term clearly means to be derogatory. That is a shame but why not mention that Barack Obama was a civil rights attorney and law professor, then a state senator for 8 years before becoming a Senator for Illinois in Washington? Sure he wasn't in the Senate in Washington for very long, but Mitt Romney brings up his experience running the Olympics almost every campaign stop. Why? How much time did that take? Why doesn't he talk about his time as a governor? Why doesn't he actually say what he DID running Bain Capital -- not just a blanket statement that he created jobs. Everyone knows he also destroyed jobs. He doesn't talk about the details because his experience is not even as good as Barack Obama, who actually worked for years helping people and holding a government office for much longer than Mitt Romney. He was governor for 4 years. He is only twice as qualified as Sarah Palin. Think about that one for a moment. <shudder>
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (49) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement