Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Dempsey40 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121095  
Subject: "The Tax People" services for homebase Date: 8/17/2000 9:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have recently been introduced to another MLM company called TheTaxPeople.net........Has anyone heard of them before? They claim to save you thousands in taxes by setting you up as a home based business and then instructing and advising you on deductions and loop holes. You pay them 100.00 mo. for the 'home based business' title and you have to make so many sales per year of their package to hold the status.
I'm not so sure I can't do this on my own with a little research. But they say they do your 1040 form for you and also go to audit for you if necessary.
Anyone with any info would be appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tabbone Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38855 of 121095
Subject: Re: "The Tax People" services for home Date: 8/17/2000 10:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Subject: "The Tax People" services for homebase
Author: Dempsey40 Date: 8/17/00 9:58 PM Number: 38854
I have recently been introduced to another MLM company called TheTaxPeople.net........Has anyone heard of them before? They claim to save you thousands in taxes by setting you up as a home based business and then instructing and advising you on deductions and loop holes. You pay them 100.00 mo. for the 'home based business' title and you have to make so many sales per year of their package to hold the status.
I'm not so sure I can't do this on my own with a little research. But they say they do your 1040 form for you and also go to audit for you if necessary.
Anyone with any info would be appreciated.
======================================================

Dempsey,

Search for "Tax people" and "The Tax People" on the discussion boards. Some people have been talking about it on the Scams board.

Personally, when I first found TMF, I asked about it too, but then I realized that the information they provide can be found here. Phil (TMFExRO) was especially helpful. MLM's are very risky. They are always under scrutiny and I believe some states are attempting to shut The Tax People down. Don't quote me on that though. I just thought I remembered seeing that around here somewhere. Anyway, I have a coworker who does it and yes it does increase your take home pay. Now if you get audited and you can't substantiate everything with receipts and logs, even the tax people can't help you. They specifically say that if you don't do it EXACTLY as they say they can't protect. I wonder what EXACTLY really means. I am sure that not everyone is doing it exactly the same. There's some good information in the packet but the $300 upfront $100/month is something that didn't sit right with me. And once I bought my house and visited this board, I felt I didn't need to risk doing the tax people. If you have a business already (I did. I built custom computers) then you don't want to fool with the tax people. But if you don't maybe you want to look into it as a way of cutting down your taxes while not doing a whole lot extra. But like they say: "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is." I know that video and the information pamphlet sure made it sound too easy and too rewarding as well.

Just my too sense
--TabbOne

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38860 of 121095
Subject: Re: "The Tax People" services for home Date: 8/18/2000 6:18 AM
Recommendations: 1
I have recently been introduced to another MLM company called TheTaxPeople.net........Has anyone heard of them before?

Oh yeah, we've heard of them. I suggest you run, not walk, to Usenet and read the recent series of four articles by Ed Zollars, a CPA. He's walked through the primary Internal Revenue Code sections about business deductions (162(a), 183, & 262), including references to court cases. It's an excellent series, and deja should have it if your news server doesn't.

I've e-mailed Ed and asked his permission to post the aritcles here, but in the meantime they're worth tracking down if you're at all interested in TTP or any other MLM enterprise.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement