Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (237) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LovesChocolate Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 32850  
Subject: Re: Whafa's CraigsList Brain Dump for Erik Date: 11/29/2006 7:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"There are objective criteria. You wish there weren't so you could continue with the hatin', but there are. The nice guy is willing to 1. identify his partner's likes and dislikes and 2. compromise on his own likes and dislikes in order to form a more equal partnership. The doormat is either so lame he has no real likes or dislikes, which is creepy, or is so underhanded that he pretends to have none in order to give the impression of being a nice guy, which is dishonest."

------------
This is so succinct. Erik, if you are monitoring any of this, please do pay attention to the difference as 6 has so able-y laid out.

Embrace that finer aspect within yourself & jetison the lazy doormat notions for good.

No. They are purely subjective criteria.

But of course, the typical female believes her personal opinions are "the truth."

Not knowing the difference between one's subjective preferences, and "objective" criteria, is a perfect example of being completely illogical.

You are an acceptable male ("nice guy") because you express your preference for Borat, rather than simply say "whatever"?

The experienced male is always going to say "whatever" because he knows the choice of what to do that evening has already been made by the female. The typical female reaction would be to say, "What? You think Borat is more important than my sick grandmother???" and then to be angry about it for the next two weeks. So saying "whatever" is simply common sense.

The "nice guy" says "I'll dry the dishes" rather than "let me do everything?"

The normal male would say, "Just put the dishes in the sink. You can take care of them tomorrow." Only a totally whipped male would offer to do the dishes in the first place.

Again: "nice guy" = "guy I am sexually attracted to"

"doormat" = "guy I am not attracted to and want to get rid of"

That's the only difference.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (237) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement