Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
For those of us who owned CNG shares and now own D shares . . . We received shares of D as well as a "top-up" amount of $5.292 per share. Is this "top-up" straight income, a capital gain, or can it be used to reduce the basis of the shares we now own? I'm not too worried about it but I'm sure the IRS will be so I'd like to report it correctly! I'm holding on to the shares of D and I already received the "top-up" money.
Any suggestions?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.