UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1960670  
Subject: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 8:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
.. and the misperceptions of Obama on both the left and the right:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/president-o...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773866 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 9:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I listened to him a lot during the 2007/2008 campaign, so none of this surprises me. The purely partisan and snarky comments that will follow don't surprise me either.

Author: MrCynic Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773870 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 9:19 AM
Recommendations: 1
Perceptions of Obama as being weak on the right come from all that rhetoric about being willing to talk to Iran without preconditions, his numerous apologies for America, and so on. This is the real Obama talking.

Many right wingers don't think that Obama is the author of current counter-terrorism and foreign policy. He's simply filling in the template left by Bush, an ironic inversion of the "it's Bush's fault" meme.

The author strains mightily to distinguish Obama's strategy from Bush's strategy, but he does not succeed.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773873 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 9:31 AM
Perceptions of Obama as being weak on the right come from all that rhetoric about being willing to talk to Iran without preconditions, his numerous apologies for America, and so on. This is the real Obama talking.

And yet his actual policies and actions, at critical points, betray a harder line.

I think it's more like "Talk softly and carry a big stick."

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773877 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 9:48 AM
I'd also point out that one of Bush's failings was not his policies, per se, but his incompetent implementation of them. His wonderful common man speeches were usually followed up by bumbling implementation.

Obama in many areas simply put in place better resources, and listened to those that recommended the actual plans.

Author: MrCynic Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773879 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 9:51 AM
And yet his actual policies and actions, at critical points, betray a harder line.

Indeed. The author of the article linked in the OP reminds us that Obama had already dumped his pacifist image from the campaign when he spoke to the Nobel Prize Committee, which made his receiving that award all the more absurd. Right in their faces he spurned the very rhetoric that had earned him the prize.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773880 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 10:03 AM
Since you acknowledge that, I assume you are supporting Obama this election?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773882 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 10:08 AM

Do you really believe that because Obama manged to not be wrong about a few things that makes him viable for the Presidency?

Seriously, I know left wingers can not reflect, but dang you folks say some amazingly dumb stuff(well some is a gross understatement of course)

Author: anniesdad Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773883 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 10:09 AM
Recommendations: 35
his numerous apologies for America

More words from the right wing vapor machine. Put this zombie lie to rest.

Mitt Romney repeats claim that Obama went around the world apologizing for the United States

"We rate Romney’s statement Pants on Fire lie."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/sep/...

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773885 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 10:11 AM

But oh, btw. Though doing one thing right is not a very good reason to elect someone, in fact it is pretty insane.

From a leftist perspective, performing assassinations of foreign soil in countries that you are allied with and not getting their permission?

Frankly, you are an amazing group of suck ups who regularly prove your morality is non-existent and play pretend at being outraged when you find it convenient.

But having no ability to see yourself I do not expect you to see the blatantly obvious.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773886 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 10:21 AM
YUP!

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773893 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 10:59 AM
Recommendations: 2

I think it's more like "Talk softly and carry a big stick."

It comes as no surprise that our righty brain trust can't distinguish between reflexive belligerence - often a manifestation of fear, the most fundamental of weaknesses - and strength - which permits thoughtful and calm rationality. Take for example the way the dufatti set their hair alight because Obama took 12 hours to decide what to do to Ossama. They can't deal with someone actually thinking with his brain, whence comes strength and success, instead of his glands, which issue fear and failure.

Hell, were they not constitutionally opposed to rational thought they'd understand that negotiation is irrelevant if your adversary first concedes points at issue.

It's all about cowardice.

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773949 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 2:02 PM
Take away the perfessssssers lies and there's nothing left.

An empty room.

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1773970 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/29/2012 3:30 PM
Recommendations: 2
"Many right wingers don't think that Obama is the author of current counter-terrorism and foreign policy. He's simply filling in the template left by Bush, an ironic inversion of the "it's Bush's fault" meme." --- prefesser cynic

Imagine a nation where the laws and regulations are changed every time we get a new president. This is clearly RINO thinking or should I say lack of thinking.

Regardless, there have been many changes, the best of which is to finish what has/is started.

Republican philosophy - Love IT or Destroy IT.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1774156 of 1960670
Subject: Re: "Warrior In Chief" Date: 4/30/2012 9:16 AM
Me: In snarky fashion.
"Since you acknowledge that, I assume you are supporting Obama this election? "

You, in a lame reply. "But oh, btw. Though doing one thing right is not a very good reason to elect someone, in fact it is pretty insane.

From a leftist perspective, performing assassinations of foreign soil in countries that you are allied with and not getting their permission?

Frankly, you are an amazing group of suck ups who regularly prove your morality is non-existent and play pretend at being outraged when you find it convenient.

But having no ability to see yourself I do not expect you to see the blatantly obvious."

An amazing lack of perspective. One of the biggest problems within the GOP right now is the total inability to make the team better. When you're playing another team in sports, there is trash talk for sure. But when it comes to play time, and practice time, you spend all of your time working on your own team. Find you team's faults, fix them, beef up the team if need be.

But no, many are still content with snarky, inaccurate and redirection like the above. There is enormous irony in the fact that Obama has indeed done more, and more competently with regards to the military missions. Calling him a Militarist is almost accurate. This is not where you attack him, and shouldn't bring it up in negative fashion at all. But this is political dogma after all, and you must.

Not chasing after Obama on an issue does not make anyone a Liberal, a Leftist, or any other moniker or snarky name that myopic wanna-be pundits can come up with. It makes you predictable, and rather shallow. There are so many areas to challenge Obama on. You are correct, "doing one thing right is not a very good reason to elect someone, in fact it is pretty insane." Very good. My comment was facetious, since the original attack was lame. It was made to make someone think, which is sometimes impossible in this day and age.

The GOP is being held back by sophomoric thinking, petty comments, and a will to do anything to avoid becoming adult. Most of us Sane Republicans know full well what we don't like about Obama. That's not something we can change. But we Do know what's wrong with the GOP, which we hope is something we Can change. But we lack a quarterback with strong team leadership. We have plenty of myopic thinkers that can attack the other team, but we need touchdowns, not trash talking.

Re-apply that statement above to yourself last decade, then get back to us with your newfound morality. God, I even miss Freedom Fries now ;)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement