"Well, I guess if that 100% return on your active investments continues along, going in tandem with the 40% annual returns, you certainly don't need feedback from anyone else..." - ObliqueApproachThat's what I tell the three to four financial consultants who call me every week. I never ask anyone for help any longer. I learned this is the surest way to lose your money. The ones whom you ask for help, help themselves first...that is just human nature. You know, that old survival of the fittest thing.Plus, once you get a second person involved, that gives you a scapegoat. Now, you have someone to blame for your failures. Some folks like to pass the buck. I have come to realize that the buck cannot be passed. Not my bucks anyway. I will pay one way or the other. I prefer to pay myself for my great financial advice. I am worth it!By the way, I did not say I made 100% plus the 40%! I said I made 30% to 40% overall. My yearly or bi-yearly investments into news related stock "busts" brought my average up to the 30 to 40%. My "average" stock grows at maybe 13% to 15% per year. Let's say I put 30% of my portfolio into three things that can easily double in a year like I explained earlier. The other 70% grows on average at 11% and pays a 3% dividend. The "net" beats 30% consistently...the math proves it. Of course, this has become a full time job for me. I really wish the Motley Fool would have regional meetings where some of us could share our knowledge with others in person. My methods are not easily put into words nor can I draw my graphs on the computer. I do all this by hand because it is far easier that way. However, if you saw what I do, it would be easy for you or anyone else to do the exact same thing in a matter of minutes per stock. Once the work is done, the rest is just up to the market and the news to cooperate...and they always do.
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra