UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59828  
Subject: Re: Radio Talk Show Trends Date: 10/2/2013 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Well, if you are you're the only one out there who is." - AM

I am completely unable to do two things at once. I can't listen to two conversations going on at the same time. If my wife comes in the living room while I'm watching TV and she starts talking to me I can't hear a word she says; I have to mute the TV or turn it off completely and focus on what she is telling me in order to process what is being said to me.

One of the things I hated worst while working at the UT Vet School was I had to wear a beeper and I'd be right in the middle of doing something and my beeper would go off - and I had to answer it. One time Dr. Legendre, one of the researchers, asked me to go to the Airport and pick up a black Labrador Retriever being shipped in from Nashville (it was Lamar Alexander's dog) that was being treated at the Vet School and I was right in the middle of unloading a truck load of bedding. That day several people had called in sick and I was the only one there and I was rushing like hell to get that truck unloaded.

So Dr. Legendre called my boss, Dr. Schroeder, and told him I refused to go to the Airport and then Dr. Schroeder called me up and told me I wasn't allowed to say no to a researcher. So I had to drop what I was doing and pick up Lamar's dog and then come back and finish unloading that truck load of bedding. I was stewing pretty good by then.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement