No. of Recommendations: 0
Due to a recent "workforce imbalance correction", my wife is unemployed. Her former employer sponsored a 401k through Prudential. Subsequent to her layoff, this 401k was transferred to Fidelity. I am wondering how to disengage from this 401k without facing tax liabilities. As a new visitor to Fool-land, I would like to begin controling the future direction of our investments. Is it possible to transfer the 401k to some sort of tax-exempt brokerage account? Is there an accepted vehicle for this concept? Is there another message board or source for this sort of information? Thanks to all for any help.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.