Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I know a bunch of people are running Chicago and other races this week. I'm doing Long Beach half. I am really well trained for this. I am consistently running 730 pace on long street runs (PR pace is 7:38 for 13.1) so I am feeling good about my PR chances. I'm just trying to stay healthy and relax through this busy week until race day.

I have a babysitter lined up for Sunday morning. I know what shoes I'll be wearing (not my Seeyas as I had hoped since my injured pinky toe still is sore; I'll be racing in my Merrells). I have a friend to pace me through the first few miles and possibly beyond, and I am super excited at my chances to PR. I think 1:35 is possible (if everything goes perfectly).

Gold medal goal: 1:35
Silver medal goal: sub 1:39 (PR is 1:39:30)
Bronze medal goal: get out there and have a good race.

I'll report back next week!

pcwa
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Portland Marathon for me this week, with my usual goals to start, finish and have fun. I have a secret strategy for this race that I'm not admitting out loud yet. This will be the 7th time for this race and I think 19th marathon since 2006.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I have a secret strategy for this race that I'm not admitting out loud yet.

======================================================================

Right foot left foot repeat and go faster. Hehehehehe......

Charlie
good luck this weekend in Long Beach and to those in Chicago or in Portland or in the Twin Cities or running somewhere else. An odd thing is that despite all the big races this weekend, this will be the one weekend in the fall that I don't have a race planned. Good luck to all.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Right foot left foot repeat and go faster.

Well, I was thinking left foot right foot repeat, but I suppose this would work too!
25,000 rights, 25,000 lefts. I tried that one once, didn't go well. Don't recommend.
Advertisement