Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hotfool Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86584  
Subject: Radio REVENGE Date: 1/9/1999 7:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well gang, I strike AGAIN ---

Was on my way home from the Boy Scouts with my nephew in the car -- listening to the local radio station.

A young gentleman came on the radio questioning about school closings for the next day....My nephew recognized the voice of his best friend from his Special Olympics hockey team.

Well the radio DJ decided to make a little fun of this gentlemen for about 5 minutes on the air -- did everything from disguising his voice to basically doing a Howard Stern impersonation.

Well, by the time I got home, I had a nephew in tears because he couldn't understand why the radio guy was making fun of his friend.

Well, Uncle Jeffy stops by the radio station the next day and spoke to the programming director and we pulled the tape and listened to it -- needless to say, there were some rather lowered brows and pale faces when they heard the broadcast.

After some HEFTY discussion -- the radio station gave a $500 contribution to the Special Olympics and called the child parents and apologized....

God, I love it when a plan comes together....

Jeff

(I am thinking about doing this professionally!!)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RecoveringFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1306 of 86584
Subject: Re: Radio REVENGE Date: 1/9/1999 7:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Jeff,

You are very good at this and I highly commend you for the example you set for your nephew ! WOW

Jacki

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1310 of 86584
Subject: Re: Radio REVENGE Date: 1/9/1999 7:18 PM
Well, Uncle Jeffy stops by the radio station the next day and spoke to the programming director and we pulled the tape and listened to it -- needless to say, there were some rather lowered brows and pale faces when they heard the broadcast.

After some HEFTY discussion -- the radio station gave a $500 contribution to the Special Olympics and called the child parents and apologized....

Jeff,

Listening to the events you recounted absolutely turned my stomach. Bravo to you for being so pro-active in this, and shame on the DJ for what he did. The donation made to Special Olympics is the very least they could've done. Personally, that DJ should be forced to make a public apology.

Thank goodness we have good people like you to confront situations like this.

Well done!

And please tell your nephew that TMF2Aruba says hello. ; )

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: BigDoggie2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1312 of 86584
Subject: Re: Radio REVENGE Date: 1/9/1999 7:34 PM
Jeff-You DA Man!!!!!!

woof

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1313 of 86584
Subject: Re: Radio REVENGE Date: 1/9/1999 7:45 PM
May I have the envelope please...The winner of this weeks GOLDEN STURGEON AWARD is Jeff, aka hotfool for giving a Jackass his comuppence.

(insert acceptance speech here)

Raggmopp

Author: mys Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1316 of 86584
Subject: Re: Radio REVENGE Date: 1/10/1999 8:41 AM
>>Well, Uncle Jeffy stops by the radio station the next day and spoke to the programming director
and we pulled the tape and listened to it -- needless to say, there were some rather lowered brows
and pale faces when they heard the broadcast.

After some HEFTY discussion -- the radio station gave a $500 contribution to the Special
Olympics and called the child parents and apologized....

(I am thinking about doing this professionally!!) >>

Way to go, Jeff! They deserve everything they got for such insensitivity. And they should consider that they got off cheap for such bad behavior.

Hail Jeff! Champion of the Downtrodden, Terminator of the Insensitive!

mys (your fond, PROUD evil twin)

Author: ToddlerMom Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1318 of 86584
Subject: Re: Radio REVENGE Date: 1/10/1999 10:23 AM

Way to go, Jeff! Just wish either child had not had to go through it in the first place.

GA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement