UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mcbdds Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744022  
Subject: Rahm court capon Date: 2/3/2013 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
Gun ownership:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-the-price...

Emulating New York and California, two deep-blue states with mammoth unfunded pension liabilities, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel (D) has hectored a $5? billion pension fund into divesting its holdings in companies that manufacture firearms. Now he is urging two large banks to deny financing to such companies “that profit from gun violence.” TD Bank provides a $60?million credit line to Smith & Wesson, and Bank of America provides a $25?million line to Sturm, Ruger & Co.

For Emanuel to say that gun makers “profit from gun violence” is as sensible as saying automobile manufacturers “profit from highway carnage” — which, by the way, kills more Americans than guns do. Emanuel, who is more intelligent than he sounds (just as many think Wagner’s music is better than it sounds), must know that not one fewer gun will be made, sold or misused because Chicago is wagging its finger at banks.

Chicago’s current and retired public employees might wish the city had invested more in both companies. Barack Obama, for whom Emanuel was chief of staff, has become a potent gun salesman because of suspicions that he wants to make gun ownership more difficult. Since he was inaugurated four years ago, there have been 65?million requests for background checks of gun purchasers. Four years ago, the price of Smith & Wesson stock was $2.45. Last week it was $8.76, up 258 percent. Four years ago, the price of Sturm Ruger stock was $6.46. Last week it was $51.09, up 691 percent. The Wall Street Journal reports that even before “a $1.2?billion balloon payment for pensions comes due” in 2015, “Chicago’s pension funds, which are projected to run dry by the end of the decade, are scraping the bottoms of their barrels.”

The only thing I differ with Will about is that Rahm Emanuel is smarter that he sounds.
He is a third rate Chicago thug, unable to qualify for a management position in the local mafia, and was relegated to Obama Court Capon. Wrapping himself in Progressive leftist pseudo intellectual destructive behavior patterns he proceeds to preen and congratulate himself on his moral superiority. He stands knee deep in constituent's blood while drinking effeminate aperitifs at a Chicago ribbon cutting ceremonies, surrounded by a plethora of well armed guards while Chicago languishes in a sea of death.

Knowing full well that this type of governmental apparatchik ( Feinstein, Pelosi, Reed, and a supreme court filled with minds unable to read, understand, interpret the obvious ) is using "gun control" as an emotional tampon to calm his fluttering heart I purchased two handguns yesterday.
Having grown up with guns all my life and hunted as a child, I am not unfamiliar with firearms and "gun culture". My DW, DS, DIL, however, are not.
Went to an orientation class on gun safety, took our test from the California DOJ, took another class on range safety, legal issues and signed the four of us up for many more classes over the next several months.
We will not even receive the firearms for several months. As you can imagine the back order is enormous. This is a good thing and will give us hours in the various classes.

The staff were absolutely superb. DW went in apprehensive and left approaching a comfort zone.
We all left with a sense of respect, dedication to safety, and commitment to our objectives.

http://www.glockstore.com/

I will join the NRA this week, and renew my political activism.

mcb
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement