No. of Recommendations: 0
Ralph, your situation with your son is something I have been looking for here in California, and cannot find. What is your home state? I heard that kind of facility with social security paying was available in Washington state, for example.

My DD is on SSI not Soc Sec Disability....fewer resources as far as I can tell.(Prior to her brain injury, she was physically ill for many years and did not have enough SS quarters to be covered.)


My home state is Michigan, but virtually all of my son's benefits are federal, not state. He receives both SSI and "Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance". I am not really sure whether he receives this benefit because he is disabled, or because he is a "survivor". The claim number shown on the forms I receive are my wife's SSN, so it may be that this benefit is linked to his mother having passed away. At that time, I filled out a LOT of forms, including some to resurrect my son after Social Security somehow thought he was the one that had passed away.

I have a friend who is familiar with the services available in California, and will attempt to find out something more useful for you.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.