UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bestaluck2u Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35367  
Subject: Re: My first bond screen Date: 7/18/2013 4:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
ranshdow,

Sorry if you did not receive the response to your post that you had hoped. I will presume you came here to learn, if for something else please disregard the rest of this. Somewhat because of the nature of bond investing and maybe because of the nature of the characters (like myself) that come to this board, there is a little different flavor here than a few other fool boards. I must say I have found this board to be a place one can increase one's knowledge about bond investing if one desires, and one is willing to take the time to learn.

To me the bond market is sort of like the wild wild west of investing. It's a ball game all to itself. I wish I would have put more effort into it earlier in my life. Some that frequent this site feel that to be successful at bond investing one should have a strategy that works for your desires and personality, and a strategy that also has a sufficient probability of succeeding. In order to devise such a strategy you will need two things. Knowledge about bond investing and knowledge about oneself. I can help you with the former but not the latter. In the end it is all up to you.

A good place to start is to take a look at the post of 5-7-2013 called "Corporate Bond Investing: A reading list." Great information there. The second place is go back and read several of the former posts and comments. Much has been discussed. No one size fits all. I personally like to read some of Charlie's comments. I found his insights valuable, when I first came here a couple years ago, but that's just me. Not everyone can or should do what he does.

Hope this helps you and your future endeavors prove profitable. As an aside to my knowledge Warren Buffet never posts here.

Best of luck.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement