UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFJazzysav Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Rant! Date: 7/9/2008 12:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
In the first few days I applied myself to defining dozens of terms. I made effort to ensure that I produced a proper and concise definition of the term in question, followed by a secondary (and unmistakably whimsical) definition for the reader’s amusement. This to my mind this is what makes TMF great, amusement as well as education. To my bother almost every effort at humour was subsequently erased – a ‘risk’ I’m absolutely and fully aware of when writing on a Wiki. Nonetheless, I’m a bit bothered by this action. Furthermore, from my quick check none of my serious bits were improved. To my mind this is editing for the sake of it as opposed to for the betterment of our community!

Okay folks, rant over, move along. There’s nothing to see here….
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFGebinr Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 85 of 597
Subject: Re: Rant! Date: 7/9/2008 3:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I haven't checked my contributions, but I agree that humor is definitely part of what sets us apart and it should be kept in for the most part.

Jim

Author: TMFBiologyFool Three stars, 500 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86 of 597
Subject: Re: Rant! Date: 7/9/2008 4:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
Just do what I did (when my Foolishness was replaced):

1. Go to the page
2. Click on History - it's under Views on the left side
3. Curse at the person who did it (optional)
4. Click on undo

Ahh, the joy of Wikis. This of course is the reason we need boards to discuss changes.

-Brian

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement