Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 167912  
Subject: Rats Date: 2/2/2013 7:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 31
A Tourist walked into a Chinese curio shop in San Francisco.

While looking around at the exotic merchandise, he noticed a very life like, life-sized, bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but was so incredibly striking the tourist decided he must have it. He took it to the old shop owner and asked, "How much for the bronze rat?"

> "Ahhh, you have chosen wisely! It is $12 for the rat and $100 for the story," said the wise old Chinaman.
>
> The tourist quickly pulled out twelve dollars. "I'll just take the rat, you can keep the story".
>
> As he walked down the street carrying his bronze rat, the tourist noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of the alleys and sewers and had begun following him down the street. This was a bit disconcerting so he began walking faster.
>
> A couple blocks later he looked behind him and saw to his horror the herd of rats behind him had grown to hundreds, and they began squealing.
> Sweating now, the tourist began to trot toward San Francisco Bay . Again, after a couple blocks, he looked around only to discover that the rats now numbered in the MILLIONS, and were squealing and coming toward him faster and faster.
>
> Terrified, he ran to the edge of the Bay and threw the bronze rat as far as he could into the Bay.
>
> Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped into the Bay after the bronze rat and were all drowned. The man walked back to the curio shop in Chinatown .
>
> "Ahhh," said the owner, "You come back for story ?"
>
> "No sir," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Democrat."
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158199 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/3/2013 1:02 PM
Recommendations: 39
"No sir," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Democrat."

Hate against a class of humans is wrong.

The fact that people have a choice to be Democrat or not does soften the blow as it is not hate against a class of people for which they have no control (like skin color or nation of origin). However it does suggest that taking action resulting in the death of a million Democrats would be a desirable, something even worth paying for.

No wonder there will be no progress as long as people like you have an influence on the GOP.

It makes me wonder, who would the GOP hate if they succede in getting rid of Democrats?

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158200 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/3/2013 1:28 PM
Recommendations: 37
"No sir," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Democrat."

Hate against a class of humans is wrong.

Does a being this devoid of a sense of humor qualify as human?

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158204 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/3/2013 8:28 PM
Recommendations: 30
"It makes me wonder, who would the GOP hate if they succede in getting rid of Democrats?"

Let's not pretend that the opposite isn't true.

~aj

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158206 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/3/2013 10:42 PM
Recommendations: 13
It makes me wonder, who would the GOP hate if they succede in getting rid of Democrats?

Each other. The different wings of the GOP are already at each other's throats.

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158207 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/4/2013 12:06 AM
Recommendations: 4
Does a being this devoid of a sense of humor qualify as human?

I get the joke. I had heard it years ago.

Even before I got to the punch line I was wondering who it would be picking on. I figured no one would tell it in the original form using the N word.

Author: tonyh103 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158217 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/4/2013 8:32 AM
Recommendations: 1
I think the definition of "sense of humor" sometimes depends on whose ox is getting gored.

Old joke:

What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

ans: a good start

tonyh103

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158218 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/4/2013 9:26 AM
Recommendations: 3
Definition of a damn shame:

A busload of democrats fell off of a cliff and there were two empty seats.

Some folks just can't laugh at themselves.

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158222 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/4/2013 12:26 PM
Recommendations: 27
I figured no one would tell it in the original form using the N word.

No discussion with liberals can be considered complete until they play the race card.

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158253 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/6/2013 5:19 PM
Recommendations: 2

Hispanics, blacks, browns, women who use birth control, gays, lesbians, the 99%, anyone who can't trace their ancestry back to the American Revolution...

Author: horacekgl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158292 of 167912
Subject: Re: Rats Date: 2/8/2013 8:03 PM
Recommendations: 1
Oh, to be so shallow must be liberating.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement