UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59135  
Subject: Re: Wisconsin State Health Care Reform ... Date: 7/24/2007 5:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 58
ravvt posts,

For those who pine for socialized, single payer health care, Wisconsin is the place for you. Wisconsin Democrats are pushing a plan that covers every citizen under 65 with state sponsored health care plan.

The only problem ... that pesky cost estimate.

The 15.3% SS & Medicare payroll tax would rise to 29.8%!!! to cover the state and federal programs ... in addition to a myriad of other tax increases needed to pay for this pig.

At least the Donkeys of Wisconsin are willing to show how much one of these “more efficient” plans would cost ... too bad the Washington DC pols who favor socialized medicine don’t have the courage to surface a cost estimate for their plans...

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010374

</snip>

My conservative-approved, private health insurance premiums are more than I pay in Federal income taxes. If you doubled my taxes and gave me a Gov't provided health plan, I'd come out ahead.

Personally, I'd rather pay my premium to a Gov't-sponsored program than let Aetna and Cigna siphon 20% to 30% off the top in overhead & profit to fund million dollar executive salaries, private jets and hunting lodges for the CEO, and hundreds of millions of dollars in back-dated stock options.

But that's just me.

intercst
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement