No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you Pixy for your reply. Here goes another for you or any others with specific experience.

I have chosen e.Schwab for my broker. They (and possibly all other brokers) have two options for your IRA account: Contributory IRA and Rollover IRA. I have an old 401(k) and I am currently contributing to an IRA (mutual fund) for the 1997 plan year.

I would like to place the entire amount of both the 401(k) and my 1997 plan year contributions into one single account. I know about the rules on co-mingling (sp.) Contributory IRA funds with Rollover IRA funds IF you want to someday place the rollover funds in another 401(k). This will not be the case for me.

Any advice/consequences from those who have gone through this type of situation before? I think it can be done, but what is the procedure? And for those with e.Schwab, what can I expect in terms of rollover & transfer time/initial assistance/etc.

Thanks, b2h
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.