UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sujeong1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75600  
Subject: Re: 403(b) rollover Date: 1/26/2000 2:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a small amount of money($3,000) with Lincoln Life as part of 403(b). I quit my job and am not planning on going back to work for a long time. I don't believe that I had much appreciation since the account was opened less than a year ago. Do you suggest that I leave the account with Lincoln Life paying some fee or roll it over to an IRA account with a lower fee mutual fund like Vanguard.
Thank you for any help you might provide.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18244 of 75600
Subject: Re: 403(b) rollover Date: 1/26/2000 8:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
sujeong1 -

You asked: "I have a small amount of money($3,000) with Lincoln Life as part of 403(b). I quit my job and am not planning on going back to work for a long time. I don't believe that I had much appreciation since the account was opened less than a year ago. Do you suggest that I leave the account with Lincoln Life paying some fee or roll it over to an IRA account with a lower fee mutual fund like Vanguard. Thank you for any help you might provide."

If you don't plan to return to the school/non-profit at which you started the 403b plan, I suggest a direct rollover to a good IRA might be useful.

Good luck, PP

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18270 of 75600
Subject: Re: 403(b) rollover Date: 1/26/2000 2:24 PM
Greetings, Sujeong1, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I have a small amount of money($3,000) with Lincoln Life as part of 403(b). I quit my job and am not planning on going back to work for a long time. I don't believe that I had much appreciation since the account was opened less than a year ago. Do you suggest that I leave the account with Lincoln Life paying some fee or roll it over to an IRA account with a lower fee mutual fund like Vanguard.>>

I won't offer any advice, just a question. If you could put it into an IRA earning more for less cost, then why would you want to leave it in the plan?

Regards..Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement