Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: snowskicouple Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121096  
Subject: Re: Job related milage deduction Date: 3/3/2002 5:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
In 2001 my wife was not reimbursed for her total job related milage expenses so I'm I'm trying to figure my standard deduction for the unreimbursed portion.

TurboTax asks for total milage, miles for the job, and commuting miles to figure my standard milage deduction. It doesn't ask if any of this was reimbursed. I've looked at the unlying vehicle expense worksheet and I don't see how to account for the amount that was reimbursed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Snow
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59413 of 121096
Subject: Re: Re: Job related milage deduction Date: 3/3/2002 8:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In 2001 my wife was not reimbursed for her total job related milage expenses so I'm I'm trying to figure my standard deduction for the unreimbursed portion.

TurboTax asks for total milage, miles for the job, and commuting miles to figure my standard milage deduction. It doesn't ask if any of this was reimbursed. I've looked at the unlying vehicle expense worksheet and I don't see how to account for the amount that was reimbursed.

Any suggestions?

The reimbursement is reported on Form 2106, line 7. (You can't use the 2106-EZ.) I suggest you open the 2106 and right click on line 7, which should take you to the underlying worksheet.

Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement