Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: noreserve Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 466  
Subject: Re: "Warren Buffet Way" Date: 5/21/2001 4:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
BIG difference between stock analysis via the "Warren Buffet Way" and a stock in Warren's porfolio...don't confuse the two assessments or you might end up losing your ass......essments.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 122RANGERS Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 462 of 466
Subject: Re: Re: "Warren Buffet Way" Date: 6/1/2001 6:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I saw the Robert Hagstrom site at www.quicken.com/investments/strategies/whois/?picks=hagstrom

Hagstrom thinks Xeta has a per share intrinsic value of over $300 its OK to disagree but what is wrong with his calculation?.

Even if he is wrong I think his homepage is a good starting point to find undervalued stocks and I think Xeta could be a very worthwhile longterm investment (once they get their homepage sorted out!!).

Author: niko76 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 463 of 466
Subject: Re: Re: "Warren Buffet Way" Date: 6/1/2001 9:28 PM
They should calculate per share divedend instead of cash flow in determining its intrinsic value, but since there is no div. payout, its a little bit more difficult. ex. Net income + dep. - change in adjusted cash flow - capital spending will give you the "free cash flow" for the company. Determine the growth rate of the free cash flow and then discount. I myself bought 500 shares because the intrinsic value that I calculated was around 40 - 45 per share. 300 is a little too high and too optimistic.

Author: niko76 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 464 of 466
Subject: Re: Re: "Warren Buffet Way" Date: 6/1/2001 9:31 PM
Thats how I bought CD 3 months ago at 11 per share

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement