Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< . . . I'm 31 and currently contribute to a non-deductible IRA. . . . >>

Stop right there: that's enough to show that you should establish a Roth IRA for your annual contributions. The decision to roll to Roth is a little more complicated, but if your existing IRA contains a significant amount of after-tax dollars you will get a bigger bang for your buck on a rollover than most people. In short, you fit the profile of the type of person who will benefit most from a Roth IRA.

KAT in Chicagoland
Tax Guide for Investors
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.