UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: palmetto77 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1482  
Subject: Re: Wade Cook Books (sic) Date: 9/24/1997 4:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Reply to 9/18 Fool's "Book on Cook"......I am an active practitioner of his general philosophy. It goes: be certain to set 90%+ of your investments in "solid" long term stuff. Then, utilize the 10% (If you can afford to do so), as vehicle to enhance overall portfolio growth. Primary methods: "rolling stocks" (i.e., channeling); "turnarounds", "bottom-fishing", "splits". Nothing risky so far. Lots of book and courses spent on "options" - since it is so risky but can be highly profitable. NOT FOR EVERYONE! Cook also has considerable class material on Estate Planning/use of Corporation for family business/etc.
Agree: too much hype - all good salepeople do it. Some people will get burned!
Personally: getting 5+:1 return per annum on my "risk capital" - and getting better every month - but have time to review, research and track daily [think a requisite for active options trading]. Cook's online service is well worth the cost - for me. Expect to realize overall portfolio gain of 70% with a third realized from heavy emphasis on "splits" and using strategies learned from Wade Cook. His education = my increased learning = results noticeable in 1st year......program for "students", and not for uneducated and casual "buy & hold" investors. Yea, an endorsement for probably 5% of the investing community. The rest - you can "learn" (something that's a ever continuing process!)
My bottom line is "wealth accumulation". My track record on option plays: 75% net gain (annualized) Excluding LEAPS, they are meant to be short term! Best way to leverage $$ for profits - with "risk capital".
Wade Cook does not deserve blanket slam or dismissal.

palmetto77
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Looking For More to Read?
Visit the Fool Bookstore for all of the Fool's favorite reads!
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement