Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
With the conditions you describe, as long as your taxable income is under $50,000 you can still file 1040EZ. The amount you use is from box 1 of your W-2 which goes on line 1 of the 1040EZ.

Briefly, you will lose that option if you:
1) itemize your deductions
2) have more than $400 in interest income
3) have any income other than wages, tips, salaries, scholarships, grants, or unemployment
4) have dependents other than yourself and spouse
5) make any IRA contributions
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.