UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Sirendpty One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75777  
Subject: Reading over Roth's... Date: 10/3/2001 5:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My husband and I looked over the dinner table at each other about 2 months ago and started talking about retirement funds. The stimulus behind this conversation had been reading the You Have More Than You Think book. So after printing off and outlining the whole section All About IRA's, I bring you the following questions that were not answered in the Most Commonly Asked Questions.

Does anyone have suggestions about any good Discount Brokers? (Yes we have the list on this web site but we want your opinions, after all you the consumer are using them!) Why want to know why you use them. Benefits and any problems you have had.

Next question is under the First Time Homebuyers section. There was an example of two parents giving their children a total of $20K by each giving $10K from their Roth IRA's, however is it permissable for a married couple to remove $10K each from their seperate Roth IRA's to fund a downpayment on a first time home purchase for a total downpayment of $20K? It sounds permissable now that I put it in print but just thought I would check.

Okay last but not least. Estate tax, when a spouse is a Beneficiary of a Roth IRA. Do they pay it or not?

Hope I have not been to hard on you....I would love to hear what you all have to say.

Ciao
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement