Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Can anyone point me in the right direction for this scenario I have.

1. Oct 97 bought Condo in Chicago for $152k
2. Jan 99 started renting condo out because I had to move from Illinois to Wisconsin for a new job.
3. Declared condo as a rental property for tax year 1999 and 2000
4. Declared $5k depreciation on 2000 tax return that I was not able to take.
5. Rental property ended August 31, 2001.
6. Selling Property for $285k minus closing costs in Nov 01.

How do I figure out how much if any taxes I will have to pay on this unit??????

Thank you,

Brett Quas
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.