Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cindylouwho22 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121341  
Subject: Real Estate Limited Partnership Sale Date: 3/13/2003 12:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello! Here's my tax question. In 1981 I bought 10 shares of McNeil Real Estate Fund XI, Ltd. for $10,000, which, after some twists and turns through bancruptcy court a few years ago, was liquidated in 2000. We sold our 10 shares in 2002 for a total of $2,213.90. We had some good years of tax deductions for this investment, and the capital accout at the end of 2000, on the last K_1 was negative $513.40.(line Je of the K-1. There's also a perhaps significant amount in another line,F, Qualified Nonrecourse financing positive $2,118.03. Any idea how I should treat this for tax purposes? Whatever happens, I am very happy I don't have to deal with figuring out these K-1s every year in the future. Never again!! This was our only passive real estate investment, so I've never used the passive losses accrued.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cindylouwho22 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64494 of 121341
Subject: Re: Real Estate Limited Partnership Sale Date: 3/13/2003 12:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Oops! let me say thank you in advance to anyone who tries to answer this. Best, Cindylouwho22

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement