UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1951197  
Subject: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/23/2013 8:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 63
People who have actually priced health insurance policies on the exchanges are elated with what they see. It's an astonishing departure from the elite, effete Chickenhawk Republicans you hear on Fux News lying about the program.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57604291/how-affordabl...

"Oh man, I'm elated, it's like they took something off my shoulders, you know?" he says.

Dodson estimates he will pay around $285 a month, and at that price, he says, he can't wait to sign up.

"I can afford that -- I mean, that's wonderful, man,"
he says, with relief in his voice. "I mean, I'm 59 years old. Sooner or later, something is going to happen to me."

In Maryland, Dodson will get to choose from among six different insurance companies -- typical for most states nationwide. Most companies also offer multiple policies, ranked in price from bronze, being the cheapest, up through silver, gold and platinum, the most expensive.

The other good news for Maryland residents is that most insurance companies there will offer access to the state's best doctors and hospitals, including Johns Hopkins. That won't be true in some states where the cheapest plans will offer much smaller networks of providers.

</snip>

Mr. Dodson should thank his lucky stars that he doesn't live in one of the many Tea-Bagger states where Republicans are bent on giving folks a financial colonoscopy with a telephone pole.

intercst
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899930 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 6:19 AM
Recommendations: 9
The same nonsense over and over again

This is the great success of ACA?

They are causing people to lose their jobs, they are causing people to pose their insurance

They are stopping companies from considering expansion

They are causing doctors to look at other options rather than deal with ACA

Among a plethora of other problems, known and as yet unknow because this is still not a done law

The benefits?

Well, the price of insurance for one guy in Maryland is lower nit because the insurance is lower, but because the state is paying a good deal of the premiums

WOuldn't it have been a lot simpler to just send money to people? It would have accomplished the same benefit and not screwed up so much?

The only benefit this clown is touting is that a guy was sent a government check to pay for his insurance, oh my God, what a success

and they all stood and cheered, idiots on parade.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899936 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 7:19 AM
Recommendations: 1
People who have actually priced health insurance policies on the exchanges are elated with what they see.

_________

good for them...why did I have to have my premiums double and see a reduction in quality for a small minority of people to see cheap insurance?

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899937 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 7:22 AM
good for them...why did I have to have my premiums double and see a reduction in quality for a small minority of people to see cheap insurance?

Well, from my observations, that cheap insurance is cheap not just because it is subsidized because there is absolutely no out of network options and if they cross state lines for any reason and need medical care, they are SOL

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899938 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 7:38 AM
Recommendations: 0
Well, from my observations, that cheap insurance is cheap not just because it is subsidized because there is absolutely no out of network options and if they cross state lines for any reason and need medical care, they are SOL

Sounds like it in fact is cheap insurance, just not inexpensive, the costs are HUGE

I will have to go back and look, if Obama said cheap insurance he might have nailed it during the campaign

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899941 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 8:25 AM
there is absolutely no out of network options and if they cross state lines for any reason and need medical care...

_________

I find that part hard to believe...Democrats can't be that bad at writing regulations that someone can't see a doctor while traveling. However the law was written so poorly it's possible.

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899948 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 9:05 AM
Correction: real PERSON, as in, ONE.

And I love the tolerance in your post.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899953 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 9:25 AM
Recommendations: 4
There will soon be millions loving their Obamacare.

It makes the righties crazy.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899966 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 10:27 AM
I find that part hard to believe...Democrats can't be that bad at writing regulations that someone can't see a doctor while traveling. However the law was written so poorly it's possible.

I am talking about the "cheap" policies and the exchanges from what I have seen so far available in NY.

Aetna has a policy that includes out of network, but it ain't cheap. And I have to check if the one they have branded in NY includes anybody in the Aetna network anywhere.

Lots of confusion.

At least I figured out today our current insurance company canceled us, but not by 12/31 like they originally said, but by the policy termination date in April, even though it's not in compliance, but that's ok (figure that one out). After that they will offer no more MY rated community plans.

Then the union sends out something we are suppose to do to be in compliance, which has something to do with going to some site and clicking on a hyperlink that says our employees are union and they aren't in compliance, but that's ok too.

Meanwhile, I am suppose to have employees fill out forms acknowledging they know about all this (which isn't clear what it is they are suppose to know)

Author: tilnow One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899995 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 12:39 PM
Recommendations: 4
Two provisions have already kicked in for me, and I'm loving them. The lifetime cap on my coverage is gone. More recently, subtle changes in how the out-of-pocket deductible can be tallied are saving me money.

I have Medicare and a retiree health benefit (which I pay for, but at group rates). What I've seen so far of the health law changes have made sense and cut my costs. I'm keeping an open mind and optimism about the new law.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899999 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 12:56 PM
It's still very state-dependent as to what you have. The example in that link at least states that it will cost the government $179 a month just for this one man, and he's paying $285.

I would imagine many will have to make adjustments to allow for monthly health care expenses they didn't have before. While people worry about their gasoline prices, they pale in comparison now.

I think it will be amazing to many just how much this plan costs government in 2-3 years out. Many won't worry about it, since it's "cheap".

Some of the out of network restrictions are crazy. All the ACA supporters want to discuss now is how "cheap" this plan is. I was amazed to see how crappy the silver plans were in my state, given their prior plans were generally better. But at least they're just as confusing as ever;)

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1900000 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 12:59 PM
Recommendations: 6

It makes the righties crazy.

I'm sure millions will be loving something for nothing, and that many righties will be driven crazy. It's a lot more complex than that, and certainly more substantive arguments could be made.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1900001 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 1:02 PM
HMALETTER- you just tipped the PA scales at post # 1,900,000

We used to celebrate such occasions.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1900002 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 1:11 PM
WOW!

That means Libs have to rec my post, like it or not ;)

Author: folgore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1900015 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 2:36 PM

And that's why Congress and the Unions demanded exemptions to Obamacare not made available to the rest of the public!

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1900041 of 1951197
Subject: Re: Real people, lovin' their Obamacare Date: 9/24/2013 3:43 PM
I'm sure millions will be loving something for nothing...

You can't get something for nothing. Those who think they are getting another handout will be shocked to learn exactly what they are getting. I have no doubt there are people who think they will be getting free healthcare on the backs of others. They just don't understand that nothing is free.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement