UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: morris66 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75384  
Subject: REALITY CHECK TO A ROTHIRA Date: 12/10/1998 5:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ann Coleman announced the decision to but $4000 in her ira with the foolish four plan. She also
said it was coincidence that $4ooo is equal to a married couple's IRA contibution, and furthermore
that the stocks will be announced on the 23rd of this month and bought within 5 days. My question
is how will she have $4000 in her porfolio if you cannot have a joint Roth IRA account for
husbands and wives, and furthermore, you may deposit $2000 for 1998 between now and April
and another $2000 for 99 anytime after, Jan 4, but this will not fall within the time of when she
buys, and when I start, I would like to just write one check.. Is she going to have an account for
her husband with $2000 that buys the first 2 foolish four and she will buy the foolish four- three and
four picks. I want to follow right along, but if I am just starting out my Roth IRA, how can you
have $4000 in our account and still pick 5 days after DEC. 23rd? Finally, does the $8 commission
for my trades have to be included in my $2000 contribution, or can I send in $2032 since we will
be buying four different stocks? Thanks for any help
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement