UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 770757  
Subject: Reality is hard Date: 10/2/2012 10:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 27
>> Last night on MSNBC after the Scott Brown/Elizabeth Warren debate for the Massachusetts Senate, MSNBC host Melissa Harris made the assertion that because Warren grew up believing she was Native American then she is Native American.

Harris: “If candidate Warren grew up thinking she is Native American by heritage, who are we to say she is not? And who are we to define her based on narrow constructs of race.”

You are what you feel, apparently. No need to box Warren into one category of race despite liberals boxing people into race all the time. <<
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/10/02/msnbc_w...

arrete - my daddy always called me Princess, therefore I am one. Where's my crown?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646560 of 770757
Subject: Re: Reality is hard Date: 10/2/2012 11:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Dear Melissa Harris,

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."

--John Wayne

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646585 of 770757
Subject: Re: Reality is hard Date: 10/2/2012 2:36 PM
Recommendations: 1
Dear Melissa Harris,

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."

--John Wayne

Stupid is as stupid does. - Forrest Gump

JLC

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646622 of 770757
Subject: Re: Reality is hard Date: 10/2/2012 4:59 PM
Those libs on MSNBC are almost as kooky as the PA denizens.

Author: CM001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646674 of 770757
Subject: Re: Reality is hard Date: 10/3/2012 1:56 AM
Recommendations: 0
Those libs on MSNBC are almost as kooky as the PA denizens.
But God is very equitable. He send enough on conservative side too. :)

Don't let anyone make you believe, stupidity is their monopoly :)

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647043 of 770757
Subject: Re: Reality is hard Date: 10/4/2012 5:49 PM
Harris: “If candidate Warren grew up thinking she is Native American by heritage, who are we to say she is not? And who are we to define her based on narrow constructs of race.”

I grew up thinking I was 1/4 Scots-Irish (it's what my mom always told me), but when I did some looking into my family tree a few years ago, I found out that one grandparent was mostly Swiss/German and Dutch, with a little French thrown in. If there's any Scots-Irish anywhere there, I have yet to find it.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647046 of 770757
Subject: Re: Reality is hard Date: 10/4/2012 5:57 PM
I grew up thinking I was 1/4 Scots-Irish (it's what my mom always told me), but when I did some looking into my family tree a few years ago, I found out that one grandparent was mostly Swiss/German and Dutch, with a little French thrown in. If there's any Scots-Irish anywhere there, I have yet to find it.

During and after WWII there was quite a lot of anti-German sentiment in the US, and quite a few people of German ancestry stopped talking about it. In fact a good number changed their last names slightly to make them less German-sounding.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647101 of 770757
Subject: Re: Reality is hard Date: 10/5/2012 12:50 AM
"During and after WWII there was quite a lot of anti-German sentiment in the US, and quite a few people of German ancestry stopped talking about it. In fact a good number changed their last names slightly to make them less German-sounding." warrl

That's why my parents didn't teach their kids to speak German.

Artie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement